How to start your 7th Wave blog....
Easy guide to blogging.......
An informative, interesting and readable blog depends on a number of factors... here are a few. Pick the top 3 factors that resonate with yourself and use these to formulate your blogs.
How to start your 7th Wave Blog:
- Click “Log in” on the far top right of the homepage and login using your email address and password allocated with your 7thWave membership
- Click "Admin" - this is the administrative page for your blog/s
- Click "Create Blog" below the main titles and when the “Edit Blog” window pops up, fill, in order, the fields for your first blog:
- Title, Subtitle Category (optional)
- In the body of the blog add a few words to start – and save the blog.
- You can amend your blog as you like before publishing.
- You can also schedule your blogs.
Blog/Twitter Golden Rules:
- Blog posts with images are shared 2 to 3 times more on average.
- Blog posts with images: 75 -100 words per image are more likely to retain interest.
- Infographics are best to get the point over.
- Show your personality and character.
- Don’t forget to ask people to follow your blog: green button on main menu.
- Header image optimum size 1200px x 400px
- In-blog graphic 600px x 450px or 450px x 450px
- Break up a guide or report into 10 new blog posts.
- Upload an existing presentation in Powerpoint
- Reimagine print material like brochures, handouts into on-line presentations, articles, and guides.
- Interview your colleagues for powerful collateral you can share with your fellow medics – eg case studies, problem solving articles.
- Send out a quick poll to check the pulse of your audience and write up a blog post on your findings.
- Use lists – a top 10
- What’s trending in your industry? (set up Google Alert or Talkwalker Alert to be notified when your business or industry makes news).
- Use Videos to embed within a blog post.
- Share what thought leaders are saying about your industry - LinkedIn is a great place to start looking for articles in your area of expertise.
- Try unsplash.com or pixabay.com for royality free images.
- Create a Pinterest board and send it out in an email campaign.
Last but not least, have fun and enjoy sharing your story!
Be the first to leave a comment.