How to start your 7th Wave blog....
Easy guide to blogging.......
Posted by Martin Spence on Oct 6, 2023
An informative, interesting and readable blog depends on a number of factors... here are a few. Pick the top 3 factors that resonate with yourself and use these to formulate your blogs.
How to start your 7th Wave Blog:
- Click “Log in” on the far top right of the homepage and login using your email address and password allocated with your 7thWave membership
- Click "Admin" - this is the administrative page for your blog/s
- Click "Create Blog" below the main titles and when the “Edit Blog” window pops up, fill, in order, the fields for your first blog:
- Title, Subtitle Category (optional)
In the body of the blog add a few words to start – and save the blog.
**NEW AI Generator**: try the AI button to kickstart your blog, remember you are the expert and treat the AI results with caution.
Also use the MEDIA menu to generate unique images for your story with the 7th Wave AI Assistant.
- You can amend your blog as you like before publishing.
- You can also schedule your blogs.
Blog/Twitter Golden Rules:
- Blog posts with images are shared 2 to 3 times more on average.
- Blog posts with images: 75 -100 words per image are more likely to retain interest.
- Infographics are best to get the point over.
- Show your personality and character.
- Don’t forget to ask people to follow your blog: green button on main menu.
- Header image optimum size 1200px x 400px
- In-blog graphic 600px x 450px or 450px x 450px
- Break up a guide or report into 10 new blog posts.
- Upload an existing presentation in Powerpoint
- Reimagine print material like brochures, handouts into on-line presentations, articles, and guides.
- Interview your colleagues for powerful collateral you can share with your fellow medics – eg case studies, problem solving articles.
- Send out a quick poll to check the pulse of your audience and write up a blog post on your findings.
- Use lists – a top 10
- What’s trending in your industry? (set up alerts to be notified when your business or industry makes news).
- Use Videos to embed within a blog post.
- Share what thought leaders are saying about your industry - LinkedIn is a great place to start looking for articles in your area of expertise.
- Try unsplash.com or pixabay.com for royality free images.
- Create a Pinterest board and send it out in an email campaign.
Last but not least, have fun and enjoy sharing your story!
Leave a comment.